Be Prepared for Summer Storm in College Park, Hyattsville
It is important to be cautious when thunderstorms are in Prince George's County since they are often associated with lightning, flash floods, hail, high winds, and sometimes tornadoes which can all be incredibly dangerous. Read more to learn some helpful tips to follow during a storm.
Preventing Storm Damage
- Trim or remove trees (especially that are dead) that could fall on your home or place of work
- Install surge protectors, lightning rods, or a lightning protection system
- Sign up for your community’s warning system
- Know the risk for thunderstorms in Prince George’s County
During a storm, try practicing these safety precautions:
- Unplug appliances
- Put together an emergency preparedness kit
- Pay attention to alerts and warnings
- If you are playing in the water, get to land immediately and seek shelter
- Pick a safe place in your home for your family to gather during a storm
- Get inside your car and avoid flooded roads. It takes only six inches of moving water to knock you over and only one foot of moving water to sweep away your car
SERVPRO of College Park, Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover is a full-service restoration and cleanup company. Our certified technicians specialize in mitigation, restoration, cleanup, and construction for both residential and commercial properties. Call us today at 301-779-3662 or 301-577-1166! Our Disaster Recovery Team stands ready to help 24/7.