An Emergency READY Profile for Your Business
SERVPRO of College Park, Hyattsville, District Heights, and Landover's Disaster Recovery Team Helps Communities in Need
Our SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile (ERP) minimizes business interruption by having an immediate plan of action after a disaster. According to the latest research, 50% of businesses shut down following a disaster. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance as a College Park, Hyattsville, District Heights, and Landover business owner is the key to a timely mitigation process. Read more about the benefits of developing a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile for your business.
The Emergency Ready Profile (ERP)
The ERP with SERVPRO provides business owners with a customizable emergency readiness plan, and it is a no-cost assessment for your facility. If your business endures a loss, ERP ensures we will be ready to work as soon as possible. The ERP is designed to serve as a reference for important building and contact information. Because we have access to your commercial business information, our team can get started with the mitigation and restoration process faster.
Some ERP Advantages
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in an emergency
- A guide to help you get into your building following a disaster
- Establishes SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, and priority contact information
How to Create an ERP for Your Commercial Business?
Creating an Emergency Ready Profile for your commercial business with SERVPRO is easy and time-efficient. Our team can respond immediately to any emergency that your business can endure. Call SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover at 301-779-3662 or 301-577-1166 with any questions regarding the Emergency Ready Plan. You will work with a team member to customize your emergency plan and communicate your specific needs. Our certified technicians provide water mitigation, fire restoration, contents manipulation, and reconstruction services. We also offer general cleaning, biohazard services, and so much more. SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover can complete the job from beginning to end.
Summer Grilling Fire Safety
Grilling and BBQ fires are not to be taken lightly.
SERVPRO advises College Park, Hyattsville, District Heights, and Landover grill masters to prepare now for a safe, savory outdoor cooking season
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) warns families that the onset of the summer season also marks a rise in home fires started by outdoor grilling activities. According to the NFPA, on average, 10,600 home fires are started by grills each year. July is the peak month for grill fires, followed by June, May, and August.
Now is time to take precautions before the outdoor cooking season is in full swing. The NFPA offers these basic tips for fire-safe grilling. Read more to learn about the fire safety grilling and our fire restoration services.
For gas/propane grills:
- Check the gas tank for leaks before using it.
- Open the lids on all gas grills before lighting the grill.
For charcoal grills:
- Use only charcoal starter fluid to start the fire but never add it or any flammable liquids to a fire that is burning.
- Cool coals completely before you dispose of them in a metal container.
For all grills:
- Use propane and charcoal BBQ grills only outdoors.
- Place the grill well away from house and deck railings. Don’t place it under leaves or branches.
- Remove grease and fat buildup from grills and trays after each use.
- Keep children and pets at least three feet away from the grill.
- Never leave the grill unattended when in use.
Our certified technicians can help mitigate the damages to your home or contents after a fire. Before you risk doing further damage by attempting to clean up the damage yourself, call the fire damage cleanup and restoration technicians. SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover specialize in fire and water cleanup and restoration services and repair services, helping to remediate damage for both commercial and residential customers. For more information regarding our services, click here.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call us at 301-779-3662 or 301-577-1166.
Understanding Mold Growth and Mold Remediation
How does mold grow in Prince George’s County?
Why SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover?
Mold is a hazardous problem indoors. If you have mold growth issues in your home, you need to remediate the issue as soon as possible. There are serious concerns related to mold being present in your home, business, or commercial building. Read more to learn how our certified professionals can help you with your mold issues.
- Mold is present both indoors & outdoors, and it is present almost everywhere.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through doors, windows, AC/heating systems, or on your clothing and pets.
- Mold spores love moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritation.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water and moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Mold thrives in higher-than-normal humidity. Remember to keep indoor humidity below 45%.
- We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Our certified professionals are faster to any size disaster
- Our certified professionals are highly trained mold remediation specialists
- We use advanced mold remediation techniques and equipment
Call SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover
When you have water and mold issues, we are nearby and ready to help. If mold is visible, our certified technicians can inspect and assess your property to determine a plan of action. SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover is locally owned & operated. We are proud to serve our local communities. Call us at 301-779-3662 or 301-577-1166.
Commercial Reconstruction in College Park, Hyattsville, District Heights, & Landover
Commercial properties may need assistance with restoration & reconstruction in case of an accident.
Our reconstruction team aims to complete your commercial restoration project on time and within budget with as little downtime to your business. Our full-service process includes inspection and estimating, mitigation, restoration, and reconstruction. Every construction project is unique and customized for you, whether it is a remodel or repairs in connection with your insurance claims. SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover would like you to know that we are here to help you understand your role in your project, as well as the roles for us, your insurance company, adjusters, and your mortgage company.
- Structural Repairs
- Exterior Finishing
- Painting/Interior Design
Regardless of the weather season, SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover provide various services to help your home or business back to its pre-existing state. Team Hargrove has the experience and equipment to help with your clean-up, restoration, and construction needs. Our local office provides 24-hour Emergency Service. Call us today at 301-779-3662 or 301-577-1166. Our certified technicians can help make it "Like it never even happened."
Storm Damage and Your Belongings in Prince George’s
SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover is always Here to Help!
Storm damage does not only affect the structure of your home, business, or commercial property but also your belongings. If your contents are in a water-loss zone, you may need our content manipulation services. Read more to learn about content restoration and move-outs/pack-outs.
SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover specialize in restoring contents damaged by storms and other water damage events. Our certified technicians will do their best to restore your contents to save money while preserving precious keepsakes that cannot be replaced. Our technicians will pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored to their condition before the storm damage. The following are several methods we use to clean contents:
- Dry Cleaning – Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean before cleaning
- Wet Cleaning – An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues
- Spray and Wipe – Effective for items that can’t withstand cleaning
- Foam Cleaning – Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if cleaned
- Abrasive Cleaning – Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned
- Immersion Cleaning – Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning products.
Benefits of Move-Outs/Pack-Outs
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. Move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
Call the storm damage restoration professionals, SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover. Our certified professionals are on call to assist homeowners and business owners in a water or fire damage emergency. We dispatch in our office located in Lanham, and that gives us the opportunity to respond quickly to your disaster emergency. We have live SERVPRO representatives to help answer questions and dispatch a crew 24/7 for emergency services. Call SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover at 301-779-3662 or 301-577-1166.
Water Damage After a Fire In Prince George’s County
After experiencing a fire in your home or business, the damages can be extensive. Firefighting efforts can put thousands of gallons of water into your home in minutes. Fire suppression is important when protecting your family, personal belonging, and structure from further fire damage. The intense heat of a fire can also melt plastic pipes quickly or cause structural weakness in metal pipes that can cause plumbing bursts. Water damage and fire damage add to the workload of the recovery and restoration process.
Fire Damage Restoration Process
Once emergency officials have cleared the area, our certified technicians will carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the water damage. This step is important for developing a plan of action. Our certified technicians will complete a full scope of work at the beginning of the project and provide you with an estimated timeline to know what to expect moving forward.
- Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
- Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
- Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
Our team works on a plan that includes fire and smoke damage and extensive water damage from firefighting efforts. SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover has the specialized water mitigation training needed to restore your home to pre-existing conditions. While fire damage produces immediate damage, water damage is a gradual problem that can grow more destructive if left untreated. The water can cause mold growth and mildew, weaken the wood and home structure, and create poor air quality.
SERVPRO Water Damage & Fire Damage Restoration
Our certified technicians can help in the aftermath of fire damage. SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover are experts in water damage restoration. We can make it “Like it never even happened.” To learn more about our services and schedule an inspection, call us today at 301-530-7400 or 301-588-2240.
Fire Damage Due to Household Appliances
The restoration process begins when you call SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover. SERVPRO has the specialized training to restore your home, business, or commercial building to pre-fire condition. The general process of a fire loss stays the same, but the solution to each loss is unique. Our certified technicians will carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage.
Most people are aware of the common causes of house fires, including fireplaces and old electrical wires. Read more to learn about the less common but still equally destructive sources.
- Toaster Fires: Due to the risk of fire, continuously monitor a toaster when used and unplug the toaster when it is not in use. Toasters can malfunction and can quickly become a fire hazard. Clean appliances regularly and inspect the electrical cords that feed power to the units.
- Microwave Fires: According to the National Fire Protection Association, microwaves cause 4% of home fires yearly. Overheated food items are a common cause of microwave fires. In addition, unnoticed metals in packaging, containers, and dinnerware can ignite and spark flames. When access to the microwave plug is safe, unplug the microwave and do not open the microwave door; the fire should suffocate itself with no oxygen.
- Laptop Fires: Laptops can be a fire hazard when left in places where their cooling vents are blocked. Laptops plugged in, charging, and placed on a place like a bed or a cushion, can get hot very quickly and release flaming gases. The best way to store your laptop is securely on a desk or laptop stand.
- Old Appliances: The wiring of older appliances can often become worn and begin to disintegrate. Check them regularly to ensure that they are in working condition and safe cord conditions.
SERVPRO – Available 24/7
Smoke and soot damage can be stubborn. Our certified technicians have the expertise and equipment needed to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces. Call SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover at 301-779-3662 or 301-577-1166.
Storm Damage in College Park, Hyattsville, District Heights, & Landover
Storms and floods can leave your business or commercial building with extensive water damage. Our certified technicians specialize in repairing and restoring residential & commercial water damage. SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville & SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover have more than 45+ years of experience in repair and restoration, so you can trust us to help you develop a restoration plan. Read more about our Emergency READY Profile and how the program can benefit your business.
Preparation is key to making it through any size storm disaster, whether it is a small water leak or an area flood. The best time to plan for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one plans on storm damage, but now, you can with the ERP plan.
Emergency READY Profile (ERP)
For business owners, it is crucial to plan for weather disasters to eliminate business interruptions. The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile Advantage allows a business owner and staff to know what to do, how to do it, and whom to call so that you are ready for any size disaster emergency. Under this program, a business owner works with a local SERVPRO franchise provider at no cost. This profile document contains only the critical information needed in an emergency. The documents included in the ERP are as follows: emergency contact information, shut-off valve locations, and priority areas.
Having this information on hand helps business owners, staff, and SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville & SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover access critical data in a loss. The ERP app provides business owners with access to their ERP information 24/7. The ERP information is now accessible and manageable from your computer, tablet, or Smartphone.
SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile Advantages:
· No cost assessment of your facility
· A concise Profile Document that contains only critical information needed in the event of an emergency
· A guide to help minimizes the amount of time your business is inactive by having a plan of action
· An identified line of command for authorizing work to begin.
We have the experience and equipment to deal with whatever size of storm damage occurs to your home or business. Our certified technicians will work closely with you during the mitigation, restoration, and construction process. For more information regarding the SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile, call SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville & SERVPRO of District Height/Landover at 301-577-1166 or 301-799-3662.
Dealing With Water Damage: Home Edition
When water damage strikes your home, the first 24 hours following a water loss are the most important in preventing secondary or permanent damage. Within four hours of receiving your call, our certified technicians will be at your property to help ensure that the water damage is handled properly. Read more to learn what you could do while waiting for assistance.
Water Damage Tips for Homeowners
- If possible, shut off the water source or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Do not enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water.
- When access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock, turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the home.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by blotting and mopping.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Use aluminum foil as a barrier between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Move any paintings, art, objects, computers, documents, or other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Hang furs and leather goods separately at room temperature.
When you call SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville & SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover, a customer care specialist will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. Here are a series of questions you will be asked:
- Your name and POC information
- Address of the water-damaged home or business
- The cause of the water damage
- The square footage of the affected area
- Insurance information, on a case-to-case bases
Once we have the details of your water event, we will dispatch a team to respond immediately. When our certified professionals arrive, they’ll help you assess the situation further and take action to prevent additional damages to your home or business. SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville & SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover uses the most top-notch equipment to detect hidden moisture and extract standing water.
Have Water Damage or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today at 301-577-1166 or 301-799-3662
Commercial Spring Cleaning
We are Here to Help Get Your Business Back to Normal
Springtime is the perfect time to give your College Park, Hyattsville, District Heights, and Landover business a deep clean. SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover can help you with your spring-cleaning checklist. Sometimes you need a deeper cleaning for your commercial property than you do yourself. Our certified technicians can provide commercial specialty cleaning services.
Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning: Our certified technicians can remove deep-seated dirt and grime that has been trapped in your carpet and upholstery over the winter months. In addition, our cleaning services can extend the lifespan of your carpet and rugs.
Ceilings, Floors, and Walls: Our team has the tools to do the labor-intensive job of cleaning your ceilings, floors, and walls. Depending on the soil type and the surface, cleaning methods can vary. If your commercial’s ceiling, walls, and floors need emergency cleaning, our team can respond quickly to prevent further damage and reduce costly repairs.
HVAC & Air Duct Cleaning: Your commercial HVAC system and air ducts should be professionally inspected and cleaned before turning on the air conditioner for the summer months. Our certified technicians use a variety of equipment and portable vacuums during the cleaning process. They may also use chemicals to help sanitize, disinfect, and deodorize your air ducts. Cleaning extends the life of your equipment and gives you, your staff, and customers cleaner air to breathe.
Industrial Kitchen Cleaning: Our certified technicians are here to help 24/7 to mitigate the damage done to food manufacturing facilities and commercial kitchens. So you can get back to serving your customers safely and quickly. Throughout the cleanup and restoration of your industry kitchen, our team takes special care of the regulations, health codes, and potential hazards.
Need Professional Cleaning?
Our certified technicians are trained in various cleaning techniques for carpets, drapery, blinds, upholstery, and hardwood floors. Our professionals can complete the job from start to finish for residential and commercial properties. At SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover, we have more than 45+ years of experience in the cleaning and restoration industry. Call our certified professionals at 301-799-3662 or 301-577-1166. We are always Here to Help!