If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (301) 779-3662

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold in a College Park, Hyattsville, District Heights, and Landover Home Can Cause Significant Problems if Left Untreated

11/24/2021 (Permalink)

Mold on tile wall SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover have the Knowledge & equipment to respond quickly.

The most destructive consequences of water overflows and house fires are water damage and mold damage. There are different ways to prevent mold growth in your Prince George’s County home. It is recommended to hire a professional restoration company to handle your mold remediation process. It can be beneficial to understand that water left untreated for over 24 hours, mold is likely to start developing.

Water Damage Leads to Mold and Mildew Damage

Water leaks into the structure of your home can lead to swells and warps in the wood. The water allows for mold damage to develop in the core structure of your home. It is best to prevent mold at all costs because eliminating mold can be challenging. To remove excess water from your home, you can turn off the water supply, use towels to keep the water from spreading, place fans and dehumidifiers throughout your house. When possible, hire SERVPRO certified technicians for mold and mildew damage restoration processes in College Park, Hyattsville, District Heights, and Landover.

Water and Mold Damage Requires Professional Equipment

After a water overflow or fire, mold can be challenging to remove once it is already present. As part of the process, we search thoroughly for any leaks in your property to determine where the source of excess moisture exists. We use specialized equipment such as air filtration equipment, powerful “air scrubbers,” and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of mold spores while the mold remediation is in process. We will perform the following to remove the mold from your home:

  • Establish temperature control to slow down the mold’s growth cycle allowing our certified technicians to remove the mold efficiently.
  • Use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and prevent new colonies from forming.
  • Remove odors and deodorization by using fogging equipment. 

Call SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover

It is essential to take care of water damage. Trying to self-remediate the problem can most likely set the stage for a bigger problem in the future. The best approach against mold complications is to call SERVPRO of College Park/Hyattsville and SERVPRO of District Heights/Landover. To know more about our services, call 301-799-3662 or 301-577-1166.

Why try to self-remediate the mold from your Prince George’s home when SERVPRO certified technicians use advanced equipment and products. We can help!

Other News

View Recent Posts